Cholesterol is a wax-like substance found in every cell of the body. It has significant importance in the making of hormones and food digestion. Cholesterol is automatic makes in the body as per its requirement, but it can also found in animal food sources like meat, cheese, egg yolks, and dairy products. Excess of cholesterol in your blood can raise several diseases as it can be controlled for a healthy lifestyle.
Here is some natural and safest way to control cholesterol
- Lower your fat intake in the diet. Substitute animal fats with natural vegetable oils like sunflower oil, olive oil, soybean oil, etc. that are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Avoid excess trans-fat, cream, and butter and cheese.
- Avoid animal meats like mutton, chicken, and eggs.
- Cut down alcohol drinking and cigarette smoking altogether.
- Include fiber-rich and unrefined cereals in your diet.
- Do regular physical exercise at least 30 min a day.
- Avoid pressure and worry as much as possible.
- You can also take hypolipidemic drugs for dropping serum cholesterol and TG level as per the advice of your clinician.
- Control diabetes, hypothyroidism, obesity, and stress.
- Include almonds and walnuts and other healthy fats in your breakfast.
- Garlic, tulsi leaves and Fenugreek seeds have been highly recommended to lower cholesterol.
What causes high cholesterol?
The most common cause of high cholesterol is an unhealthy eating and less-active lifestyle. Eating a lot of bad fats may raise your blood cholesterol level. Lack of physical activity and high sitting can lower good cholesterol and raise bad cholesterol. Regular smoking and excessive drinking can cause high cholesterol in the body. Disproportionate body fat percentage and high-stress levels also increase cholesterol levels. Add some protein-rich food in your diet that can lead to weight loss naturally. You can lower cholesterol naturally with a positive lifestyle and health management.